Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My journey begins



Hello world,




After my encounter with the psychic, I have been intrigued by her performance. I have not ruled out the possibility the she could have tuned into something in our conversation that made her guess what it is "she thinks I should be doing" and made an educational assumption.




Something I should explain for those of you who do not know, I went to UCLA's extention program to study screenwriting. Although I have not made the time for it as I use to, I still dive into it from time to time. Sadly, I have not been as consistent with it since I left. I have occupied my time with other things instead until recently. I began writing a short film idea out with my roomate. I'll keep you all informed if it develops into anything else.




Saturday November 6th, 2010- I took a drive out to The School of Theology in Claremont to research whatever I could find on clairvoyants (many psychics prefer this title). I spent most of my time trying to understand how to use the database. Since I went on a weekend, the only staff there were students of the university (they were no where as informed on the database as I hoped for them to be), but alas I started to pick up the jist of it. From just the quick glancing I did there were articles on every religion I could think of and beyond (paranormal, witchcraft, etc.)




I downloaded a couple of periodicals into a pdf format (can hold much content w/o taking up a lot of memory) to veiw at home at my own pace. One periodical (20 pages, still reading it as of this blog writing) talks about how people are willing to accept the possiblities of paranormal activity and to what degree based on the religion they grew up in. One of the main key factors was how conventional (meaning convenient) that phenomenon was adaptable to their own religion. For example: tradition Judeo Christian practitioners are more willing to accept the concept of demons and angels and the Devil, but less likely to believe in UFO's, astrology, etc . This data was gathered from the Baylor Survey from the Baylor University.




I scanned through this website and found it to be profound, especially when when it comes to showing religion's impact on certain propsitions that have recently been on the past few ballots.




A freind made a suggestion that rather than drive out to Claremont, why not use the Library at Azusa Pacific University? After all, it is a Christian University and I literally live within walking distance from it. So I googled the university and sure enough they too have a theological library.




On my free time from work and other callings from life, I will make the time to check out this place. They do allow non students to come in and use their resources.

2 comments:

  1. That will make it a lot easier to be able to just do the research from home. What you doing up at 1:00AM writing this? LOL Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1)Gets me out of the with purpose.
    2)I don't want junk that people put up just to stir gossip. Aside from my observations, I want to become a valid source for information :>)

    ReplyDelete